Seeking a .NET Developer for a contract to hire position in Houston that will report to the Project Manager
Salary: Depends on experience
- The Senior Systems Specialist will work effectively under minimal supervision; maintain ownership for specific systems area and/or business users, participate in all relevant changes management activities, and overall service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Design, development, and implementation of applications.
- Performs system analysis for projects of major scope and various complexities to provide a means for solving technical and business-related problems/challenges.
- Develops/documents application program logic and syntax from project design specifications or models.
- Collaborates with customers to ascertain system specifications and business/technical requirements to meet their needs.
- Utilize industry accepted project management principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the project life cycle.
- Acquire and utilizes business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (Internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions.
- Develop, foster, and applies Information technology business technology expertise.
- Advises management in the development of short/long-term information technology strategies from both a technical and/or business perspective.
- Prepares and present project reports for management, client, and others.
- Work directly with commercial systems personnel to discuss changes and challenges with data on internal applications.
- Facilitate and coordinate end user acceptance testing, change management, issue management, problem escalation and resolution.
- Acquire and maintain system and business knowledge needed to support direct users and other internal technical teams.
- Responsible for completion of all required Change Management tasks and relevant SOX control requirements.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
- 3+ years: Software development experience in one or more of the following: .Net 3.0 or higher, C#/C++, Java, SQL, PowerBuilder
- A Bachelor' s degree is required.
- Computer Science, MIS or CIS degree is preferred.
- 6+ years of object-oriented programing.
- 4+ years of C# gaining an acute understanding of:
- Anonymous functions
- Asynchronous programming
- Multithreading and parallelization
- Network programing
- CLR memory management
- 4+ years of unit testing.
- Deep understanding of design patterns.
- 2+ years developing Windows Forms or WPF applications.
- 4+ years of MS SQL Server 2005 or newer gaining an understanding of ANSI SQL.
- Participated for at least one year in a development methodology that included all of the following:
- Unit testing
- Time-boxed, iterative development
- Continuous integration (check-in often)
- Source control branching and merging
- Common coding standards
- Ability to lead one-hour classes on programming topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- SolArc RightAngle (now OpenLink RightAngle) support experience is strongly preferred.
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) experience preferred.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.