Senior Accountant- Manufacturing
A privately owned manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team. MUST have experience in manufacturing. This role will prepare and post month-end journal entries, reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts, and complete cash management tasks for the Houston and Omaha business units. It will also assist the Controller with budgeting, forecasting, monthly analytics, and cost accounting functions.
Location: Houston (East of Downtown)
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries and print monthly sub ledger reports.
- Complete the monthly Journal Entry Completeness Test to ensure that all journal entries have sufficient backup.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts, including bank accounts.
- Ensure that all month-end documents and reports are saved in the Accounting shared folder.
- Analyze sales, direct margins, manufacturing costs, and SG&A expenses vs. budget and prior year.
- Analyze inventory adjustments on a weekly basis and perform random audits of inventory counts.
- Reconcile maintenance chemicals inventory counts to sub ledger and post adjustments.
- Participate in annual physical inventories.
- Track capital spending and publish bi-weekly report.
- Calculate absorption rates and update in Dynamics AX, as needed.
- Participate in Weekly Production Meetings.
- Develop and publish key business metrics and value-added reports.
- Assist Controller with developing and implementing effective internal controls.
- Assist Controller with developing the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Prepare and publish Weekly Cash Forecast.
- Post daily cash receipts & disbursements in Dynamics AX.
- Perform A/R Collections functions to ensure that customers meet payment terms.
- Document business processes and make recommendations on how to streamline processes at Houston and Omaha facilities.
- Special projects assigned by Controller.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Excellent problem solver who can work independently and with a team.
- Fast learner who is proactive and customer focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of Dynamics AX or large ERP system.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.