Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures.
Compensation: $17 to $18 per hour
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (Excel, Word, Quickbooks) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for general ledger and cash application.
- Generates accounting statements and reports.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Develops automated spreadsheets.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Provides monthly financial and management reports.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
- Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time.
- Assists with audits as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred.
- 4-6 years hands-on Accounting experience.
- Basic computer skills and word processing.
- Good mathematical background.
- Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
*Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.*