This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Administrative Coordinator seeking a high-energy work environment where they can make an immediate impact. The chosen candidate will provide key support to a growing consulting firm in Northeast Houston. This demanding and fast paced position will require a personable candidate that is highly proficient in all administrative software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal and organizational skills. The abilities to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multi-task, problem solve and adjust from a daily routine are all musts. We are seeking someone with a proactive, forward-thinking approach and a client service mindset. This is a part time position with flexibility on the hours with the potential to grow into a full-time position.
Compensation: $12 to $16 per hour
- Answer phones and handle calls accordingly with the proper sense of urgency.
- Use personal computer to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
- Review drafts and finished document for proper grammar usage and spelling.
- Assist with maintenance and development of project deliverables (i.e. construction observation reports, punch lists, specification books, submittals, meeting agendas, meeting minutes) as requested.
- Understanding and handling general business practices.
- Maintain filing systems to ensure proper and timely handling of correspondence, documents, materials and records.
- Support day-to-day activities (phone calls, calendar, timesheets, expense reports, travel).
- Develop understanding and work with business contracts.
- Compile, review and analyze data.
- Utilize excellent business writing skills.
- Interface with accounting to request purchase orders and general office expenses as needed.
- Update/maintain marketing materials and assist with conference videos as required.
- Assist with preparation and coordination for all major conferences.
- Perform other duties and functions as may be assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Maintain supplies for the office.
- Run errands as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in an Administrative Support role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with clients on the behalf of management.
- Strong attention to detail including proofreading.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
- Ability to represent the firm well to external organizations, clients and vendors.
- Punctuality and dependability are essential.
Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.