Air/Ocean Import/Export Representative
A premier global multi-modal logistics services and solutions company is hiring an Air/Ocean Import/Export Coordinator for full-time, permanent position in Northeast Houston. This position will be the liaisons with the customer, agent, steamship line, and US customs to provide timely coordination of shipments and prompt delivery.
Compensation: $18 per hour
- Coordinate with shippers, truckers and steamship lines for the export of shipments; complete process of shipment includes: arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, billing invoice, certificate of origin and/or AES if applicable), forwarding, follow up with tracking and tracing to final destination, data quality requirements, FSL, problem identification/resolution where capable/authorized.
- Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer' s needs.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which should include special requirements of the client such as preferred routings/carriers, key contacts, and contract rates.
- Participate in quotes as requested.
- Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
- Maintain customer service updates which include tracking cargo from origin to Final destination.
- Maintain daily reports for pending shipments, if required.
- Follow up with steamship line.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to multi task
- Team player
- Ability to bend, lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds
*Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.*