Assistant Project manager
Assistant Project manager
A large international commercial company is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to help oversee commercial construction projects in the Houston area for their company. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Salary: Competitive Base (Depending on Experience)
Position Location: Houston, TX
- Develop strong relationships and ensure close collaboration and communication with owners, decision makers, influencers, architects, engineers, code and enforcement officials, and other external customers critical to a project’ s success.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors; treat them fairly and professionally in all interactions and set an example for others to do the same.
- Monitor project costs to ensure project is kept within budget, including General Condition costs, Bancroft labor budgets, allowances, and contingencies.
- Assist in communicating accurate project schedule information to subcontractors/suppliers regarding schedule dates and coordination among all trades.
- Monitor and maintain the procurement schedule; proactively identify and resolve problems, track status of the schedule on a weekly basis and make updates and adjustments timely and accurately.
- Adhere to and promote company policies and procedures and partner with the Project Managers and Superintendents to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that comprehensive punch lists are created, communicated and completed as required by the contract documents.
- Assist in and help manage the closeout process effectively.
- Must have a 2 - year degree in either Construction Management, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience managing hotel commercial construction projects
- Must have experience working with general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other project personnel
- Must have strong understanding of the construction bid & evaluation processes
- Must have Project experience, valued between $50 Million – $200 Million
- Strong communication & presentation skills are a must (both verbal and written)
- Bilingual speaking ability in English and Mandarin is a plus
- OSHA-30 Certification is required
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.