Houston (Southwest), TX
A Turn-Key Process Solutions equipment supplier company is looking for a qualified Automation Engineer to work with different clients in liquid processing environments. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston (Southwest)
Position Pay: 85, 000 – 95, 000 + Relocation Assistance (If Applicable) + Bonus Eligibility
- Work as part of a larger multi-disciplined project team
- Interpret a user requirement specification
- Establish the technical specification for electrical subcontracting including control panels and electrical subcontractor scopes of work
- Create the I/O List from Equipment List and P&IDs
- Develop the functional analyses based on a Functional Description from a Mechanical Process Engineer,
- Develop the PLC program and/or HMI program from company or the client’ s development specifications
- Participate and lead internals tests, such as Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT)and Commissioning, including documentation their respective protocols
- Compile and author the Operator Installation Manual and technical equipment files
- Provide operator and maintenance technician training
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Eight+ years’ experience in high level fluid process control experience in Food & Beverage, Brewery, Utilities, Pharmaceutical or equivalent
- Ability to work on collaborative multi-disciplined projects autonomously
- Proactive and confident decision-making to execute of the assigned scope of work within the constraints of schedule, budget and specification,
- Strong experience in Industrial electrical design, Information Technology and Automation domains,
- Strong communication skills with the ability to energize people
- Having a global and passionate mindset is important as you will be working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have the technical skillset to design and develop PLC and HMI solutions in Rockwell Software and master the development of automated and monitored solutions on platforms.
- Must be willing to travel to manufacturing/customer site up to 30%-40% of your time within the US, Canada, or Mexico
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Automation knowledge:
- Programmable Logic controllers: Rockwell Studio 5000
- Human Machine Interface: Rockwell Factory Talk SE and ME
- Communication protocols: AS-I & Ethernet IP
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Long Term Disability
- 401K matching program
- Bonus Eligibility
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.