Our client is a 40 year-old, national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts for the US Government is seeking a Bilingual Secretary.
Salary: $22, 800 or $11.00 hourly
Location: Texas City, TX
The primary purposes of this position is to provide secretarial/clerical support for the office, as well as serve as front line receptionist for walk-in visitors and telephone callers, valuable administrative support for office staff, which enables the office to function more efficiently.
- Assist attorneys and co-staffers in the preparation and mailing of correspondence
- Preparing certified mailings
- Entering notes into the Oracle system as related to correspondence and discussions
- Monitor lawsuit filings in the District Courts of Galveston County and the preparation
- Assisting the attorneys through a variety of special projects associated with delinquent
- Record and track delinquent tax payments in the firm’ s multifarious payment tracking systems
- Interfacing with a high number of walk-ins at the office
- Answering the telephone; must speak and write Spanish with fluency
- Streamlining office operations
- Must be able to relate to individuals displaying a wide range of emotions and knowledge and attitude
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the Tax Code and office policies, so that accurate and important information can be disseminated to taxpayers
- Must be able to analyze inbound calls to efficiently route them to the proper firm
employee for prompt resolution
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Long hours at a desk in front of a computer
- This is a small office wherein all staff members perform virtually every duty
- This is a mostly quiet office. The position requires filing, some moderate lifting, photocopying, and a moderate amount of walking within the office.
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.