Position: Business Development Analyst
Location: Norfolk, VA
Salary: $60, 000 - $80, 000
- The Business Development Analyst will support the Business Development & Executive Commercial Teams in executing the Company’ s growth initiatives.
- Daily activities will include research, analysis, financial and business modeling, due diligence, documentation and communication of information related to business development opportunities.
- In addition, the Business Development Analyst is directly involved in developing, administering, and using business information in support of the organization’ s needs.
- Support in the identification and evaluation of varying business development opportunities
- Model operating and financial results of new business ventures under consideration
- Maintain various standard templates distributed for use by all members of the business development team.
- Prepare presentations to be given to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as requested by management
- Makes decisions and executes quickly
- Excels in high growth, entrepreneurial and meritocratic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, Strong intellectual curiosity
- Thrives in a pressurized work environment
- Executing both short term plans and long term plans tied to vision and “ big picture” goals
- Building/implementing processes, procedures and systems in any of the following areas: Budgeting & Forecasting, Financial Modeling, Supply Chain Management, Equipment Procurement
- Bachelor’ s Degree required with a concentration in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics strongly preferred
- 1+ years of relevant working experience strongly preferred
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical experience, including building financial models in Excel
- Adept at analyzing complex information, drawing conclusions, and communicating findings in a concise and effective manner
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Analytical and strategic thinker with a high attention to detail who is capable of simultaneously handling multiple projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Built financial models, analyzed cash flow, understands asset valuation, etc.
- Navigate around existing excel workbooks, build new financial models from the ground up.
- Anyone who has worked at a major or regional bank (JPM, BAML, Citi, BB&T, etc) doing corporate finance, etc would be a strong candidate.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.