Category Lead - Bulk Commodities
Category Lead – Bulk Commodities
A large international mining company is looking for experienced Category Lead – Bulk Commodities candidate, for their North American mining operations to help lead the function of implementing strategic sourcing methodology to support the development of the bulk commodities category strategy through ongoing management of the category; bulk materials include, but are not limited to acid, lime, soda ash, and sulfur. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Elko, Nevada
Position Pay: Base Salary (Market) + Relocation Assistance
- Directly Reports to Contracts Superintendent
- Understanding and implementing strategic sourcing methodology to support the development of the bulk commodities category strategy through ongoing management of the category; bulk materials include, but are not limited to acid, lime, soda ash, and sulfur. This role will also be responsible for transportation of these materials.
- Managing the tendering process, prepare for and develop strategies for tenders and lead/facilitate negotiations, conducting analysis to determine sourcing strategies as well as manage the preparation and/or issuance of contracts/purchase orders/agreements
- Setting strategic sourcing goals and strategy to support corporate objectives and site level commitments.
- Developing and maintaining contracts register for end-user group and maintain currency
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and execution of the company sourcing strategy, policies and guidelines for services categories and contracts; is accountable for value-addition, cost savings, TCO, and other performance metrics
- Tracking KPI' s/Scorecards to manage department performance, responsible for timely monthly reporting
- Actively tracking and measuring demand/usage, commodity pricing, identify and remedy supply chain inefficiencies associated with the Category for all sites
- Interfacing with key client executives, ensure effective visibility of the sourcing vision, and build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, ensuring client satisfaction
- Developing and implementing new concepts in work simplification and cost reduction including life cycle costing, value analysis, and vendor analysis, information necessary to recommend regional solutions
- Executing the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to tracking supplier performance metrics, safety history and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Ensuring timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, and recommendation to management for approvals, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and regret letters, and, management and close out of contracts.
- Developing skills and abilities of indirect reports and act as a champion and mentor for all resources in the supply chain organization
- Supporting compliance to all policies and procedures as well as workflow processes and timely monthly reporting
- Knowing and complying with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures for the company.
- BS/BA in a supply chain or technical background is a plus. Experience will consider in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years’ experience of similar working experience in bulk materials background, and will consider candidates from O&G backgrounds.
- Must have a strong background in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and SCMS Systems (Preferably Oracle & Ariba).
- Expert Interpersonal Skills, Presentation, and Communications Skills are essential for the role.
- Must have experience in managing personnel.
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.