Collector- Houston Collections Dept
A 40-year-old, national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts for the US Government is seeking a Collector.
Salary: $24, 960 ($12.00/hr)
- Collect balance or set up an appropriate payment plan.
- Resolve disputes.
- Handle large volume of inbound calls.
- Ability to effectively handle calls while maintaining the client’ s and Firm’ s standards.
- Attain working knowledge of the Client’ s processes and requirements and be able to communicate this in a professional matter
- The ability to multitask
- All other duties as assigned
- Understand the big picture and understand the entire collections process.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Innovative, with the ability to strategize; think outside the box.
- Skip tracing experience strongly preferred
- Self-Motivated Team Player
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to follow instructions and take direction.
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of Collections
- Planning and strategizing
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application.