Composites/Chemical Sales Rep
Seeking a Composites/Chemical Sales Rep.
Salary: 120 – 140K + Bonus
Location: Houston (Covering East Texas to New Orleans)
This position reports directly to the NA Sales Manager, and is based in home office. Candidate will sell to small, medium and enterprise environments so need to work with all Levels of leadership.
- As a Composite Sales Representative, individual is responsible for the day to day strategic sales activity in assigned territory with regional responsibility for the Composites sales funnel.
- Primary focus of role is to develop and expand business relationships with both new and current customer base, along with providing territory growth plan consistent with the businesses strategic goals.
- Individual is tasked with driving growth, identifying new opportunities, demonstrate new product applications and establish new product introduction/startup.
- Incumbent will have responsibility for providing top service to key customers, and will be tasked with conducting market surveys, competitive analysis, and help prepare yearly sales forecast for assigned territory.
- Identify and evaluate market trends and activities to positions Composite’ s value proposition with key strategic customers within territory.
- Build strong relationships, prospect new market applications/projects and influence choices for materials used within territory, ultimately securing specifications of Composite resin.
- Plans how to establish and maintain major account relationships and meet personal sales targets within the full line of products or combination of product.
- Bachelor of Science preferred, and a degree is a must.
- Must have experience in the Composites, Adhesives, Plastic Material and/or Resin Sales.
- 7-10 years of experience within Chemical industry.
- Experience selling composites, or even commodity / pulp / paper
- A track record of increased responsibility in a Chemical sales environment with good knowledge of manufacturing processes, financial and inventory management, supply chain, EH&S and compliance programs.
- Proven, relevant qualifications in the following areas: self-motivator, enthusiastic, time management skills and action orientation.
- Ability to negotiate and build effective relationships.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SalesForce.com are required.
- Be able to work in salesforce.com and be able to use PowerPoint for presentations.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent.
- Implemented process improvement initiatives.
- Willing to travel up to 50% with some overnight travel required.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.