A large international mining company is looking for experienced Contracts Superintendent, for their North American mining operations to help lead the function of Contracts, Administration and Procurement of all Capital spend, services, bulk commodities and logistics functions by providing direction to the supervision in each area on deliverables, accountability and conformance with the approved policies, standards, procedures and processes. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Elko, Nevada
Position Pay: Base Salary (Market) + relocation assistance
- Directly report to Supply Chain Manager
- Leads the function of Contracts, Administration and Procurement of all Capital spend, services, bulk commodities and logistics functions by providing direction to the supervision in each area on deliverables, accountability and conformance with the approved policies, standards, procedures and processes;
- Provides required reporting to monitor performance and address short comings on team deliverables;
- Focus on Vendor Management, Local spend, Competitive Sourcing strategies and Contract Execution;
- Maintain department budget controls and cost controls;
- Actively participating in a Succession Planning and mentoring programs amongst the Supply Chain team;
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources and encourage teamwork across the departments;
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers and external suppliers;
- Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Explore these ideas and complete CI initiatives for the potential cost savings;
- Continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and brought forward for review;
- Monitor employee performance to ensure optimum performance and initiate appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior;
- Ensure auditing of policies and procedures to maintain / enhance compliance in line with company policies, supply chain standards and statutory requirements.
- Provide training, supervision and direction to subordinates in the application and execution of acceptable practices.
- Engages with company supply chain organization, other internal organizations, and partner organization to develop, maintain, and implement global processes, procedures and systems for procurement and contracts that promote efficiencies and standardization across the global supply chain business function.
- BS or BA degree in a technical background, Supply Chain, legal, or similar background, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supply chain or similar background
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading and managing teams, coaching, training, supervising, and monitoring employee performance.
- Must have a strong background in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and SCMS Systems (Preferably Oracle & Ariba).
- Expert Interpersonal Skills, Presentation, and Communications Skills are essential for the role.
- Must have experience in managing department budgets
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.