A manufacturing company is seeking a Controller to join the team. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting operation for the company. The Controller will be a Key Member of the Company’ s Senior Management Team. This is an outstanding opportunity to have an immediate impact supporting and strengthening a stable and growing business. The ideal candidate MUST have QuickBooks.
Location: Near Lubbock, Texas
Salary: $70, 000-80, 000
- Responsible to manage all aspects of the accounting operations for the division. This includes general ledger, accounts receivable, invoicing, accounts payable, payroll, cost and inventory accounting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Maintain general ledger in strict accordance with GAAP and ensure the accuracy of accounting systems and financial reporting.
- Develop and improve the financial reporting of the division.
- Develop and improve internal controls over the financial process. This will include documenting business processes and accounting policies to strengthen the internal controls and establishing risk management controls on key aspects of the business.
- Develop and implement a budgeting process for the division.
- Manage and comply with all local, state, and federal government accounting and reporting requirements related to the division.
- 7-10 years as a controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Business or Finance.
- A CPA is a plus
- Excellent accounting knowledge and experience required to manage daily, monthly and year-end accounting cycles.
- Strong leadership skills are required. Must have the ability to manage and review current staff, possess excellent supervisory skills and have experience in training staff. Prior experience at recruiting and developing staff is required
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.