A fast growing financial services and software firm is seeking a Credit Analyst. The Credit Analyst will be a key member of the Houston based finance team, and will be responsible for supporting multiple consumer credit product lines, including home improvement and solar energy financing. The job hours are Monday-Friday, 10AM-7PM.
Salary: $18.50 hourly
Location: Houston, Central
· Analyze, process and review consumer credit applications to determine creditworthiness according to our underwriting and credit standards.
· Render credit decisions based on FICO, debt-to-income ratios, credit reports, employment, ability to pay, income, payment to income ratios and capacity of applicant(s).
· Evaluate and process all application stipulations; including income documents, mortgage statements, tax forms, etc.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with our clients and partners through exceptional customer service.
· Communicate directly with customers regarding credit decisions and application status.
· Assist clients and applicants with basic application system and computer issues.
· Solve remedial “ help desk” issues that may arise with superior customer service skills and/or escalate to the appropriate internal department(s).
· High School degree, some college preferred.
· Ideally at least 1-3 years of work experience in a relevant position (e.g., credit analyst, credit underwriter, loan originator, etc.); however, talented candidates with less work experience will be considered.
· 1-2 years’ experience in consumer finance, preferably in the consumer credit (auto, credit card, installment) industries.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to call applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.