A large systems integrator company is looking for a designer to help with mechanical design on client systems and projects. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Contract to Hire
Position Location: Houston (Northwest)
Position Salary: Competitive Hourly Rate (Depending on Experience)
- Design, draw, and revise component drawings as needed using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Generate 2D & 3D designs as parts of assemblies involving various materials.
- Create assembly and installation drawings for projects or customer orders including BOM
- Design with concerns for manufacturability and durability.
- Originate and/or develop designs for products relating to defined customer needs or proprietary items.
- Complete thorough documentation of design work.
- Partner with component suppliers for improved integration results.
- Managing own work breakdown, tracking and progress reporting.
- High School Diploma GED a minimum; 2-year degree in Engineering or technical background preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in an equivalent background
- Must be very customer oriented
- Strong background with Solid works and AutoCAD is a must
- Must know how to read blue prints and diagrams
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required
- Must have a strong background in mechanical and piping, P&ID experience is a plus.
- TWIC Card is a plus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.