Independent provider of global oilfield services is seeking a Divisional Controller. This role is a key member of the Corporate Accounting Team. This role will support the creation of a global accounting team and provide a leadership role for the accounting teams at the unit level.
Salary: $160, 000 to 190, 000+ bonus
Location: Houston, Galleria
Local (Houston) candidates only, please.
- Support, review and help maintain a strong financial infrastructure and internal control environment in conjunction with management to effectively manage costs, support growth and other significant business changes:
- Ensure the entities maintain proper books and records and report their results, including identifying and accounting for fixed and variable Cost of Goods Sold, Gross Profit margins etc.
- Monitor inventory obsolescence and bad debt provisions. Review, discuss and help update as necessary.
- Develop a schedule to periodically carry out spot internal audits focused around areas where we have had material weaknesses or significant deficiencies. Help to ensure that management’ s controls are working effectively
- Help to ensure that the entities to meet all the external and internal reporting deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Visit the businesses as the audits are taking place to assist with issues and testing, particularly for cut off support.
- Provide appropriate analysis and support to the entities – assist with the audit requests. Resolve queries and ensure all updates are processed. Liaise with the Director of CA to ensure all issues are efficiently resolved.
- Post audit completion, participate in lesson learned reviews, identify process improvement initiatives and implement.
- Review the monthly financial statements and reports and participate in the closing calls:
- Help to identify and resolve if there are any inefficiencies in the closing timelines.
- Provide advice, guidance and technical support on any unusual or significant transactions in conjunction with the Director of CA and the CAO.
- Review for completeness and accuracy. Follow up and help resolve issues as necessary.
- Create and prepare enhanced closing control reports to give the appropriate variance commentary (e.g. actual to actual, budget to actual comparisons, etc.). Develop a sustainable model.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards at the business unit level, in particular relating to revenue recognition, leases and guidance on going concern etc
- Understand the terms of all completed acquisitions. Document the key points and understand the accounting consequences.
- Lead the finance and accounting integration activities. Establish appropriate reporting procedures with the new entity in line with the group standards. .
- Understand the legal organization / entity structure for multiple entities and monitor changes:
- Liaise with legal to ensure CA has the necessary documents to set up new reporting entities and understands the structures.
- Help to upgrade / support efforts to upgrade the accountings teams. Support personal development plans.
- Help identify and assist re-structuring efforts to make the accounting function more efficient and effective.
- Support, review, recommend, and implement process improvement initiatives where appropriate. Be a trusted advisor to the companies and clients during reporting periods.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting. Identify opportunities, obtain buy in and drive the implementation. Assist with the development of financial / management reporting " best practices”.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business Administration field required. CPA or Chartered Accountant required.
- Minimum 15 years of accounting/finance experience
- Energy / oil and gas industry experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience of multiple accounting systems (Quickbooks, SAP, Dynamics) required.
- Inspires innovation and drives continuous improvement.
- Systems aptitude and process orientation a plus. Previous experience in lean deployment and organizational change preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work through peak cycles as necessary. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage conflicting deadlines.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.