Houston (Southwest), TX
Position Type: Contract to Hire
Position Location: Houston (Southwest)
Position Pay: 16/HR
Position Shift: 1st shift
- Performs repetitive assembly operations to manufacture cells, cables and electrical components into packs, cable, and mechanical assemblies based on specific assembly instructions. Maintains accurate records of assembly time and materials used. Communicates any problems to production management.
- Reads instructions such as BOM, traveler, assembly instructions, drawings and/or work instructions to determine materials needed and specific requirements of each assembly.
- Familiar with time clock operations for accurate reporting of assembly time and completion of operations for each work order.
- Familiar with entering comments in the visual manufacturing system to work orders.
- Familiar with using PPE and ESD equipment or materials when required.
- Good organizational abilities to coordinate work flow for any given step on an assembly.
- Ability to set up, calibrate, and use semi-automated crimping, stripping, and labeling equipment.
- Able to accurately fill out test data sheets and keep weld schedules up to date. Required to set up and use resistance welding equipment.
- Is able to operate either independently or as a integral part of a moving assembly line using the Lean Manufacturing Process.
- Helps resolve material issues during the production process by performing second picks, or returning excess stock to inventory after completion of a work order. Processes rejected material from the line through a 699 transfer or NCM. Must be willing to initiate a JPC with approval of production management.
- Responsible for checking calibration of equipment prior to use and verifying chemicals used are properly labeled and are not expired. Bolts, clips, screws, solders, crimps, welds, tapes, glues, or performs similar operations to join or otherwise fasten parts together. Performs intermediate assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, and labeling and ink jetting assemblies.
- High School Diploma or GED and or 1 year related experience
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in equivalent background
- Must have soldering experience, preferably in a PC Board background
- Able to learn and can be trained to IPC solder/ WHMA qualifications; IPC 610 certification is a plus
- Basic knowledge of testing equipment; i.e. voltmeter, ohmmeter, load testing, continuity testing, spectrum analyzer and arbin tester
- Must be familiar with mechanical assembly techniques and able to use common hand tools such as drivers, drill, cutters, and strippers. Has or can learn basic connectivity of cells in series or parallel configurations.
- Must be able to performs on-line go no/go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area. Responsible for keeping tools and equipment in good working condition.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.