Embedded Software Engineer
Seeking an Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
Role: Embedded Software Engineer (Mid- Level)
Location: Conroe, TX
Salary: $90, 000 - $100, 000K + Life, 401K, Dental, Vision, Medical
- Seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to become a key contributor of skill and experience in our organization to make a huge individual impact.
- In this role you’ ll design embedded software and development tools supporting client technology, specifically MWD systems. You’ ll work with project stakeholders and management to solve real world problems, conducting root cause analysis, and addressing problems with innovative solutions.
- You’ ll also have the opportunity to architect embedded software related to new product development, working with the technology team to realize the ambitious technical goals of the company.
- Creativity, prompt execution and strong verbal skills are critical for the successful candidate.
- Manage firmware development for an entire line of embedded devices
- Serve as the firmware expert supporting failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Manage firmware updates and patches to support sustaining engineering
- Develop firmware and new firmware features to support new product development
- Write scripts and test code supporting hardware testing and qualification
- Ensure firmware-software compatibility by interfacing with software development team
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Must have Oil & Gas experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Embedded Systems
- Extensive experience with C and Python
- Ideal candidate will have built their career on development in C
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, UART, and I2C
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle
Nice to have
- Experience with the TI TMS320C28x DSP family is a plus
- Experience with HPHT designs is a plus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.