Field Service Tech
Murray Resources in search for a Technician for on-site services at petrochemical, refinery, power & manufacturing plants.
Location: Baton Rouge
Position Type: Direct hire
Salary: $40, 000-$62, 000
Maintenance and repair of various lifting and other equipment. Performs inspections, testing and preventative maintenance on overhead cranes, hoists and elevators
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes, rigging and hoists to ensure safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motors)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities
- Provides customer service by acting as liaison between customer and office
- Repairs equipment as required
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs
- Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; troubleshooting; resolving problems
- Builds and maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting methods and techniques for improvement
- Keeps overhead crane systems operating by; performing inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; responding to repair calls.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining a good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Other functions as required
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and understand technical data
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Work with voltages up to 480V
- Ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
- Ability to identify and resolve electrical problems and operational malfunctions.
- Ability to operate a forklift and Manlift equipment.
- Ability to mitigate additional damage by working with a high degree of precision and control
- Strong working knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures
- Ability to accurately document service and installation activities
- Current Valid Driver' s License with clear status
- Excellent Mechanical and electrical skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 1+ years’ experience working in petrochemical, refinery, power and/or manufacturing plant environment required
- High School Diploma
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application***