Flexo Press Operator
A leading plastics manufacturing company in the Channelview area is looking for a Flexo Press Operator.
Compensation: $18- $24 per hour; DOE
- Set up and operate flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making plastic products.
- Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
- Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
- Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
- Inserts shaft through core of paper or plastic roll and secures roll on press in feed position.
- Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press, using tape, and turns handwheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed.
- May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
- May operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate polyethylene sheeting.
- 3 yrs minimum of Flexo-graphic wide web press operation including experience with inline gear driven presses.
- Experience using solvent inks, color mixing and matching, viscosity control, use of ink pumps and doctor blades systems.
- Experience printing a variety of plastic film products such as LDPE, HDPE, BOPP.
- Experience in corona treating of plastic films.
- Ability to work day, night and weekend shifts as required.
- Team player attitude with proven track record in competence, attendance and a desire to succeed.
- Must be able to complete print press change overs.
- Must have experience with mounting plates.
- Must have knowledge of web press controls such as web tension and guides, flying splices, turret unwind and rewind.
- Willing to learn and grow with company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
**Due to the amount of applications received we regret to inform you that we are unable to personally respond to every applicant. Should you be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.**