Large HVAC Distributor in Northeast Houston is adding Forklift Operators to their growing team. This position will be responsible for upkeep of the warehouse as well as loading and unloading product for shipment and receipt.
Compensation: $15 to $16 per hour
- Staging, shipping, and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks the parts store with an appropriate amount of merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Enters inventory into software system.
- May deliver parts to customer locations or job sites.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Filing of M/Ss, freight bills of lading, equipment packing slips, etc. for inventory reconciliation and audit purposes.
- Responsible for filing of freight claims for damaged goods.
- Manages receipt, inspecting, and stocking products.
- Responsible for determining inventory levels, identifying and disposing of excess and obsolete inventory, and maintaining system inventory accuracy.
- Must have good phone skills to assist inside sales personnel with answering phone calls and assisting customers on the phone.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Must have 2 years of current distribution center experience.
- Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money, weight measures, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must possess valid driver' s license and pass background requirements.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- HVAC experience preferred.
**Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.**