Seeking a Sales Manager with an Operations background
Salary: $130, 000 - $150, 000 + Bonus
Location: Central Alabama (Relocation can be provided)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- Oversees management of all areas of distribution to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured and/or distrusted on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the business unit’ s vision, mission, and overall direction of the company to optimize sales, operations, supply chain, quality, systems, safety, and human capital to achieve strategic goals.
- Leads and directs company activities to meet business and profitability objectives while promoting customer focus, teamwork and safety.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine business unit progress towards monthly, quarterly, and annual budget and profitability goals.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic plan, including sales and production metrics in conjunction with financial performance.
- Oversees and maintains effective channels of communication and cooperation among and between departments.
- Reviews and supports operations, sales, quality, supply chain, safety, and human capital in pursuit of company goals and metrics, having ultimate decision-making authority in cases of intercession.
- Actively participates commercially on sales calls, lead generation, and business development. Proactively seeks customer feedback and is responsible for maintaining strong, positive customer relationships in a professional manner while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Mediates operating and sales plans to meet requirements and expectations of customers.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Directs and monitors functional leaders to accomplish goals of the sales, distribution, operations, quality, supply chain, and HR procedures.
- Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for annual budget planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budget planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Makes and/or approves major operating, business, and maintenance decisions as required to ensure continuous facility operations.
- Provides regular feedback and recommendations to upper management on issues and opportunities.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production, supply chain, and sales processes to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Performs other appropriate duties and special projects as assigned.
- This position leads and manages all employees of the facility regardless of department and is responsible for the safety and performance of the entire business unit.
- Bachelor’ s Degree (BA/BS) in industrial distribution, mechanical engineering or business administration; 4-year technical degree in related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management preferred. International experience, a plus.
- (7-10) years of demonstrated management experience with working knowledge of global competitors and customer base, including sales and/or operations leadership roles, and strategic planning experience.
- International experience and/or responsibilities preferred; demonstrated knowledge of P&L and budget process; previous experience in a distribution or machining environment preferred; background in oil-field supply, oil-field services, or similar industry preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills with exceptional communication skills (written, oral, and listening) with high emotional intelligence.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with operations, sales, systems, supply chain, quality, safety, maintenance and HR.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and implement multiple tasks and assignments concurrently.
- Experience with distribution processes.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Thrive in a fast-pace environment, with the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and requests, accurately and simultaneously with follow through to completion.
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office to include Outlook, Excel, Word; experience working with Epicor preferred.
- 33% Travel (both international and domestic).
- Distribution environment with multi-step process production runs on different machines.
- High value highly customized components, long and large parts, and high precision manufacturing for critical service applications
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.