Family owned and long standing Houston Hospitality Company is looking for a HR Director (bilingual preferred) for their corporate headquarters. Unique opportunity to join a true team driven culture where enthusiasm and collaboration are valued.
Location: Central Houston
Salary: Negotiable (+ benefits, 401K Profit Sharing)
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization' s human resource function and performance.
- Supervise, support and act as functional expert in all areas surrounding company weekly payroll processing.
- Evaluate and recommend benefit offerings annually to executive team that is commensurate with the company’ s strategic plan to include health/welfare programs, 401(k), vacation, and employee recognition.
- Identify and monitor the organization’ s culture to ensure it supports the attainment of the company goals and objectives. Manage employee communication and feedback through avenues such as employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, and one-on-one.
- Participate in the development of the organization' s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans to support a healthy, sustainable high performance culture and ensure that business objective and HR initiatives are linked.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the people resources of the company. Stay abreast of industry and regulatory changes.
- Establish and lead the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce for both existing and new restaurants. Develop strategies and implementation plans/programs to identify talent within and outside the company.
- Oversee and manage the organizations risk management function, including customer liability and injury claims, property and casualty insurance, and employee and manager safety training.
- Contribute to the development of learning initiatives; implement and facilitate learning and leadership development programs and processes, including career development, performance management, feedback and coaching, promotion and succession planning.
- Develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Evaluate the human resource department and team for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Bachelor’ s degree (BA) from a four-year institution and at least 8 years of experience, or 10-15 years related experience and/or training.
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR Certification.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Strong business acumen with a broad knowledge of all aspects of Human Resources, including payroll, risk management, compensation, organizational planning/development, employee relations, safety and training and development.
- Experienced leader and human resource executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the restaurant industry.
- Must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity. Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret human resource related documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to employee groups, management at all levels of the company.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and professional demeanor.
- Strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who is " politically savvy" and a team player.
- Articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Experienced facilitator in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute.
- Decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.