Insurance Customer Support Agent
Insurance Agency is the Bellaire area is adding an Insurance Customer Support Agent. This position will be responsible for providing superior service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling life, health, and disability insurance.
Compensation: $13 to $16 per hour; DOE
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Provides continuing service by providing direct deposit forms; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications.
- Provides death benefits by delivering policy proceeds; reassessing client needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Training in Kingwood, TX for 2 weeks
- P&C License or strong desire to obtain
- Degree preferred but not required
- Prospecting Skills
- Motivation for Sales and the drive to meet sales goals
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Client relationship building skills
- Product Knowledge
- Excellent math skills and statistical analysis
- Organizational skills and great dependability
**Due to the amount of applications received we regret to inform you that we are unable to personally respond to every applicant. Should you be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.**