Murray Resources is in search of an Inventory Control Specialist that will be responsible for executing inventory control activities. This position will report directly to the Director of Operation and will work closely with the rest the management team. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for all product within the warehouse and ensures inventory is accurate at all times.
Location: Houston, SE
Salary: $38, 000.00 - $40, 000.00
Position Type: Direct Hire
- Requests and print required reports for cycle counting.
- Reconcile inventory variances.
- Identify item variances requiring recounts based on company policy and request counts.
- Recount items for other team members.
- Operate various types of Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Accurately cycle count items per daily cycle schedule per location.
- Audit counts and determine items that require recounts.
- Perform bin audits as assigned to fix inventory errors as they occur.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Knowledge of distribution center building safety rules.
- Ability to follow established work instructions.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic to accomplish daily goals.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members of various functions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to timeliness to insure success.
- Strong multitasking ability.
- Ability to plan, organize and possess analytical skills to insure success of daily tasks.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite functions.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess basic mathematical abilities.
- Ability to quickly recognize stacking patterns.
- Ability to operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as order pickers, stand up fork lift or any other equipment as necessary.
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Demands of job related to duties including, but not limited to:
- Frequent lifting or moving of boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Perform duties at heights not to exceed 24’.
- Good vision skills to read and interpret various sized product markings.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), disability, and paid time off.
Must be able to pass background and drug test.
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application.***