Lead Electrical Engineer
SW Houston, TX
Lead Electrical Engineer
A Turn-Key Process Solutions equipment supplier company is looking for a qualified Lead Electrical Engineer to work with different clients in liquid processing environments. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: SW Houston
Position Pay: $75, 000 – $85, 000 + Bonus
- The Electrical Engineer will design, supervise and commission electrical installation for industrial projects in Food, Beverages, Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics industries.
- This position requires experience and strong electrical knowledge to National and International Codes.
- The candidate will be in charge of Electrical Design Duties and must have the ability to understand and design a global Electrical Architecture according to National and International Codes
- Study instrumentation and components to prepare Bill of Material and Cables Schedule
- Improve designs and manufacturing processes
- Initiate I/O List from Process Equipment List for Controls system projects
- Describe scope of work in different request for quote in order to subcontract the manufacturing of cabinets, prefabrication in workshop and onsite work
- Review Electrical drawings supplied by Panel Builders before customer approval
- Electrical Commissioning Duties Include: Generate commissioning documentation (Instrumentation, VFD, fieldbus network settings); Conduct Electrical Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT); Troubleshoot and repair controls systems when necessary; Document Tests protocols and redline drawings; Participate actively to the IO tests (Sensors, Instrumentation, VFD, Fieldbus Gateways, Switches, PLC and HMI)
- Electrical Supervisor Duties Include: Ability to make schedules, assigning work and train employees; Lead Electrical subcontractors team in workshop and onsite; Follow the progress and report weekly to the project management; Experience with different voltage, 24V/48V/120V/480V/600V and more; Assist with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair as needed; Keep records of electrical operations and timesheets; Update Electrical Drawings As Built with AutoCAD or equivalent
- In addition to these duties, the Electrical Engineer may purchase supplies, ensure adequate inventory, prioritize purchases, prepare cost estimates and document his purchases
- Minimum an associate' s degree in a technical or engineering related; Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 3+ years relative experience in the field in liquid processing, food, beverage, or industrial background
- Strong background in National and International codes are required
- Experience with FAT, SAT, VFD, PLC, and HMI’ s are required for the role
- Familiar with electrical systems, tools, equipment, codes and safety procedures
- Familiar with computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office and CAD
- Troubleshooting skills and familiarity with hazardous classifications
- International work experience is a plus
- Ability to speak other languages: French or Spanish is a plus
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.