Our client is a 40 year-old, national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts for the US Government is seeking a Legal Assistant.
Salary: $28, 000 or ($13.46/hour)
Assist Paralegal to analyze and produce proper documents required for court.
- Produce documents for 1000 plus caseload
- Responsible for reviewing title prior to suit
- Reviewing and proofing ‘ citation returns
- Answer incoming calls from taxpayers and attorneys
- Collection calls to taxpayers and attorneys
- Attend court as requested by supervisor or manager
- File documents by E-file
- Responsible for two district courts
- Assist in payment plans or payouts for seven courts
- Document productions: petitions, citations, judgments, notices of trial, etc.
- Skip tracing (locating individual and their location)
- All other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Takes initiative
- Excellent organizational skill
- Must be able to prioritized job responsibilities
- Basic computer skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- High School Degree required, College Degree is PLUS Title and Oracle experience is a PLUS
- Title and Oracle experience is a PLUS Real estate/property tax foreclosures experience is a plus
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.