40 year old, national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts for the State of Texas is seeking a Legal Assistant.
Salary: $28, 000 or $13.46 per hour
The primary purpose of this position is to: assist the office manager in managing the activities of the division.
- Process phone call and field visit reports of department daily.
- Prepare warrant files for review, including conducting all relevant research.
- File tax warrants electronically with courthouse.
- Communicate with mailroom regarding courthouse runs; arrange for pickup of documents.
- Communicate with court clerks, constables, banks and the firm’ s clients when processing tax warrants.
- Review files with manager.
- Schedule warrants and maintain service calendar.
- Input and maintain tax warrants in Oracle.
- Keep up with general organization of files in the department’ s filing cabinets.
- Send closed files to the file room to be sent to the offsite storage facility.
- Update and produce client reports; including warrant log and Top 200
- Conduct corporate research
- Research defendants and Initiate Lawsuits in TaxTool
- Request reports from IT
- All other duties assigned.
Ideal employee profile below:
- Disciplined in terms of following rules and punctuality
- Respect for authority/supervisors as well as colleagues
- Comprehensive understanding as far as: Team policies, legal process
- Ability to work with clients
- Understanding team goals
- Sharpened sense of communication: verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and handle constructive criticism
- Candidate must have excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Previous Legal or Paralegal experience preferred
- Previous Administrative experience required
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.