A large international commercial company is looking for a MEP Engineer in the completion of their commercial construction projects in the Houston area. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Salary: Competitive Base (Depending on Experience)
Position Location: Houston, TX
- Work with the pre-construction team to develop MEP budgets and estimates throughout the design process
- Review design criteria, review contractor pricing and scope, evaluate the subcontractor’ s project team, and make a recommendation for selection to the Preconstruction Manager
- Monitor budgets as the liaison with MEP contracted firms
- Establish positive working relationships with mechanical contractors and engineers with MEP consulting design firms
- Understand and advise the team on the short and long term cost implications of various mechanical and electrical systems
- Develop value analysis and make recommendation regarding optimal MEP systems for commercial projects.
- Assist Operations with trouble shooting installed systems that are not functioning as required, and with change order pricing reviews
- Assist Estimators in reviewing scope and bids from MEP contractors.
- Develop detailed bid tabs to ensure all required scope is included by the subcontractor and make recommendation to the Estimator for award
- Partner with Estimators through the entire bid process to ensure the best and most complete pricing
- 4-year Bachelor’ s degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license is preferred; EIT’ s will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in MEP in building/hotel projects
- Extensive knowledge of practices and technology in commercial MEP projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees and follow-up with participants for deliverables
- Strong project management skills with a sound knowledge of economic and business development
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal team members and external clients
- Negotiating skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with others
- Strong communication & presentation skills are a must (both verbal and written)
- Bilingual speaking ability in English and Mandarin is a plus
- OSHA-30 Certification is required
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.