Machinist III- 7779270
Client is in search of a Machinist. Primary purpose is to run, repair and set up machines for production.
Location: Houston, NE
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr
Schedule: 2nd shift
- Under general supervision, provide machining services of oilfield connections
- Manufacture and repair of fishing, rental and casing tools
- Fabricate and modify tools and equipment
- Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Install repaired parts into equipment and operate equipment to verify operational efficiency
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Cut and shape sheet metal and heat and bend metal to specified shape
- Recut and repair A.P.I. connections
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- 3-5yr experience in a related field
- extensive ability and knowledge of operating hollow spindle lathe, rotary drill press and various hand tools such as grinders, debur, etc.
- Use and read basic measuring tools; Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to drive/operate loader and forklift
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.