Maintenance Manager - Hotel
Maintenance Manager - Hotel
A large organization group is looking for a Chief Engineer to help manage and maintain one of their hotel properties in the Odessa, TX. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Odessa, TX
Position Pay: $40, 000 – $50, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- Responsible for the safe, efficient maintenance and operation of the hotels physical structure.
- Demonstrates great leadership skills in managing associates and ensuring the safety of guests.
- Supervises the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance repairs and monitors life safety systems and utilities (Boilers, HVAC, Electrical, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all hotel brand standards, local, state and federal codes and regulations to protect hotel assets
- Develops short and long-term strategies for engineering department
- Develops the department' s budget, capital expenditures and manages expenses within approved budget.
- Organize and schedule staff to cover daily maintenance calls in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance and vendor execution of all contracted service/maintenance agreements.
- Organize all payables and maintain payables worksheet for the corporate office to process for payment.
- Attends all required daily/weekly meetings and promptly handles guest complaints and special requests.
- Motivates staff and establishes a productive and positive work environment.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must have 2+ Years of employment in a similar or related position in the hotel industry
- Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of building management/engineering.
- May require advanced working knowledge of other major areas in the hotel, and the skill to integrate and communicate that information.
- Must have strong working knowledge in the following areas: General plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical systems, boilers, bathroom fixtures and tiling, painting – prep to finish, wall covering, basic carpentry and grounds keeping.
- Must have a strong background analyzing data, information and/or activities involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Requires excellent listening to understand instructions from management, staff and guests.
- Requires excellent vision to visually check hotel premises and surrounding grounds areas
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Ability to learn and utilize various computer applications
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.