Seeking a Maintenance Electrician for a Full-time, Non-exempt position
Pay Range: $20.00.hr - $28.00.hr
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
- Install, maintain, diagnose and repair equipment/instrumentation related to the unloading, loading, transfer and storage of cargo including conveying equipment, motors, PLC’ s, VFD’ s, associated wiring and power supplies, ship loader, reclaim auger and various support equipment.
- Diagnose and repair equipment various equipment used to receive bio-mass from trucks and rail, convey to storage domes, reclaim from storage domes and load into ships.
- Work from blueprints, wiring schematics, manuals or verbal instructions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all terminal equipment
- Complete work in a safe and timely manner in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Safely operate various types of equipment related to movement and transporting of bio-mass product as dictated by customer needs and requirements.
- Perform routine inspections on assigned equipment and report finding in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Accurately document information generated in support of operations to include but not limited to: receiving, shipping and storage of bio-mass. Maintenance inspections and safety related reports.
- Participate in and successfully complete required training and related testing
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- 5 years of prior industrial electrical experience.
- Maintenance Electrician capable of troubleshooting to component level of industrial electronic controls. PLC’ s, HMI’ s, Ethernet communication switches, etc. and associated wiring.
- Must have experience with string electrical, mechanical background and some PLC knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of general materials moving equipment.
- Experience with welding, diesel engine repair hydraulic and elect troubleshooting.
- Crane experience a plus
- Able to work all shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
- Ability to attain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Possess basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, and decimals).
- Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
- Ability to communicate over a company provided mobile radio.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and maintain necessary records.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Ability to maintain regular, dependable attendance.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and work at protected heights up to 130 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.