A leading supplier to the Pharma market is seeking a Facilities & Engineering Specialist to join their team in Houston.
Hourly rate: $25.00.hr - $30.00.hr, plus overtime (roughly 3-10 hours a week), plus a 7.5% bonus
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
- Part of a team responsible for providing planning, scheduling and reporting on high visibility drug development projects within the Facilities and Engineering group.
- In addition, he or she will facilitate and assist team leaders in establishing schedules by defining tasks; establishing logical relationships; estimating appropriate duration; identifying necessary constraints; assigning appropriate resources; and analyzing those directly responsible for ' hands-on' scheduling support to team leaders by developing new schedules for work in planning stages, updating schedules as revisions occur, and updating the status of all schedules on a regular basis.
- Ensures scheduling and reporting on high visibility projects in the areas of installation, calibration, troubleshooting, software upgrades, documentation of instruments, process control systems, and equipment used in manufacturing and analytical labs.
- Ensures scheduling work activities with facilities and engineering staff to minimize the impact to production activities.
- May support on-call response by maintaining a pager or cell phone while on-call.
- Ensures the revising, maintaining, and/or implementing of standard operating and preventive maintenance procedures for the chillers, air handler units, refrigeration equipment, cooling towers, electric generators, autoclaves, and other manufacturing and laboratory equipment as required.
- Manage and maintain CMMS database which includes but is not limited to asset maintenance, creation and closure of work orders, tracking scheduled maintenance, vendor SOP training and compliance requirements, and query and report generation.
- Maintain Equipment Master Files, including filing and document retrieval. 8. Support technicians in field when warranted.
- Support Deviation, Preventive Action and Change Control efforts.
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Advanced degree in a technical field and/or certifications preferred. Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred. Combination of education and experience considered.
- 5+ years of related experience in maintenance of facilities, calibration, sustaining support to manufacturing operations.
- Preferred certification as Electrician, A/C Technician, Stationary Engineer others related to Facilities/Maintenance.
- Working knowledge in CMMS and MS Office; working knowledge in SAP preferred.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Calibration and Instrumentation
- Scheduling and completing maintenance work orders
- Technician styled work
- Able to clearly communicate problems and observations with management from other departments. Proficient in creating and utilizing spreadsheets, word processing software, MS Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of CFRs, cGMPs, OSHA, ASHRAE, NFPA, and/or experience in a regulated pharmaceutical environment preferred. Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and providing solutions.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.