Murray Resources is in search of a Maintenance Technician to work for a Steel Supply company.
Location: Houston, East
Salary: $52, 000-$58, 000
Position Type: Direct Hire
Schedule: 2nd shift
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance on equipment and building.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems, as assigned.
- Prepare and record maintenance reports.
- Analyze work processes and equipment to make recommendations for improved processes and efficiencies.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot various production lines, including basic electrical wiring.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean the equipment and individual parts, including bearings and gears.
- Assist in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and in accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards.
- Special projects and other responsibilities may be assigned
You will need this under your hood:
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Five years’ maintenance or related experience.
- Expertise in hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, and welding.
- Experience with lift truck repairs and preventative maintenance. Knowledge of electronics and programmable logic control (PLC).
- Knowledge of electrical power.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and drawings (blue prints, schematics, CAD, technical drawings).
- Has access to their own tools and tool box, including wrenches up to 1 ".
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge-base and experience.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers.
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to analyze problems and determine the best solution.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize work load.
- Flexible schedule; Ability to travel occasionally.
- Technical Trade School degree is a plus.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and repair of flat-rolled steel equipment (i.e. slitter, cut-to-length line), general machinery, and lift trucks is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 501bs.
- Must be able to stand 8 hours per day, in addition to walking, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Be able to mount, dismount and operate powered industrial equipment.