Manager, Audit & Tax
A professional international public accounting practice is seeking a Manager, Tax & Audit to join the team. This position will work to provide both tax and auditing services to our clients. The ideal candidate must currently be working with a public accounting firm and know general accounting, tax, and audit.
Location: Galleria, Houston
Salary: Open, Depending on Experience
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year
- Participate in performing audit procedures and tax compliance work for assigned clients, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues
- Liaise with Tax and Attest Specialists on unusual or complex tax issues
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives that comply with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk
- Understand the client' s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the audit client
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team
- Understand the firm and its clients and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Masters degree in Accounting/Taxation
- CPA license required
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.