Operations Manager - Zinc
Seeking an Operations Manager - Zinc
Salary: $80, 000 - $110, 000
Location: Baltimore, MD
- To supervise zinc crushing operation, warehousing and inventory of zinc at TPA
- The individual will have direct responsibility for shifts for operations and management of zinc crushing operation.
- Must have mechanical understanding of the equipment and process of the crushing, transportation, storage and loss minimization of the zinc.
- He/she is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the Company’ s compliance with stated goals, objectives.
- Perform those duties necessary to sustain the optimal performance of Terminals.
- Follows all systems and SOPs as defined by company
- Scheduling of shifts and supervision of labor
- Management and discipline of staff for non-compliance with company policies and/or performance issues.
- Perform safety meetings prior to shift start
- Submission of purchase orders for equipment rental, outside labor, skilled labor, contractors for up to $25, 000.00 not to exceed 3 months in duration
- Act in accordance with assigned budgets
- Approval of requisitions for goods or services up to $2, 500.00
- Manage maintenance of zinc crushing equipment
- Interact with Equipment Manager to ensure compliance with company maintenance standards
- Supervise and advise on mechanical operations and crushing process
- Track and monitor all zinc weights throughout crushing process
- Analyze results to identify and minimize losses in process
- Supervise and monitor the warehousing of zinc.
- Inventory control of zinc
- Promote and enforce safety rules, OSHA regulations and administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Investigate and prepare accident reports.
- Represent employer as safety/first aid representative.
- Enter equipment repair logs into appropriate software/program
- Terminal/maritime experience
- Exceptional leader and demonstrated ability to manage
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking are essential
- Microsoft office suite skills
- Maintenance background to oversee that as well.
- Experience working on conveyors
- Aggregate processing experience
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.