Out of County Legal Assistant
Our client is a 40-year-old, national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts for the US Government is seeking an Out of the County Legal Assistant.
Salary: $27, 040.00 Annually ($13.00 Hourly)
The primary purpose of this position is to: Coordinate the Suburban tax sales with the clients, area managers, newspapers and constables. Disburse sale proceeds.
- Review and update tax sales cases on oracle
- Verify title, judgment and CAD information
- Generate Order of Sales and tax statement
- Answering Post Judgment Out of County phone line
- Calculate Minimum Bid and generate a tax sale notice for newspaper
- Back up Assistant in Post Judgment customer service (as needed)
- Update oracle with Tax sale results
- Produce Sale results reports for management
- Preparing and proof reading tax sale deeds
- Preparing and mailing tax sale letters
- Generate tax sale disbursement letters for constables, clients and Treasury office
- Making copies, scanning, filing documents, and pulling closed files
- Work on file room cleanup project
- Work closely with area manages and account attorneys
- AJ list – review and file files to go back to sale
- Coordinate sales with constables, clients, and newspapers
- Rotate sales file cabinet monthly
- Prepare releases, payoffs and abstracts of judgment
- Other duties as assigned or as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.
Skills, abilities, experience and knowledge will be necessary for this position to succeed
- Honesty and Integrity. Take pride in their work.
- Positive proactive attitude
- Use their down time to find other tasks to initiate other projects/tasks.
- Team Player
- The ability to communicate effectively with others
- Diligent in follow-up.
- College DEGREE is PLUS
- Previous Legal Experience is a preferred
- Bilingual in SPANISH is not required
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.