A consulting company for environmental and engineering is seeking a Paralegal to provide administrative support and legal matters management.
Compensation: $50, 000 - $65, 000 annually
- Conduct in-depth legal research and analyze law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles and/or codes.
- Communication with representatives of owners and vendors with regard to negotiation of the contracts.
Reviews and prepares written summaries of regulations, legislation, proposed legislation and rulemaking.
- Reviews and prepares summaries of claims and customer complaints.
- Review and/or draft basic agreements such as service or vendor agreements, settlement agreements and releases.
- Ability to handle a large caseload/multi-task and prioritize work and work independently.
- Assist in implementation of Legal related processes and technologies.
- Maintain statistical and documented information related to cases and/or Company issues. Work with appropriate departments/functions within the Company to ensure implementation of policies or actions when necessary.
- Respond to questions, subpoenas, requests for records, legal documentation/contracts and/or other requests from outside counsel and Company management. Disseminate requests and related information as required and/or directed.
- Collaborate with outside counsel, which may include managing outside counsel staff or contract employees.
- Assist in cost management regarding outside vendors and law firms.
- Coordinate reporting from outside counsel and consultants.
- Provide document collection assistance related to litigation and governmental information requests.
- Track deadlines and assist in the preparation and filing of environmental correspondence and reports in both paper and electronic form.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of strong environmental paralegal experience.
- A.B.A. Approved Paralegal Certificate.
- Must possess Advanced level knowledge with Microsoft office products.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Budget administration experience.
- Previous experience reviewing contracts between company and it' s customers/vendors, along with drafting of various key provisions in such contracts.
- Experience in preparation of compliance reports with various regulatory agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to each candidate. Should your resume be selected to move forward in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.