A leading manufacturing company based in Texas, who has excellent growth, is looking for a strong Plant Manager for their Seguin location, to help lead and oversee all departments in the facility. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Seguin, TX
Position Pay: $90, 000 – $130, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- The plant manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, KPI’ s and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, work force, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production supervisor.
- Bachelor' s degree in an engineering or technical related field, master’ s degree preferred.
- 10+ years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing background, Six Sigma Training, etc.
- Must be competent in: Leadership; Communication Proficiency; Decision Making; Problem Solving/Analysis; Financial Management; Business Acumen.
- Interpersonal Skills: Plant managers must be able to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
- Leadership Skills: Plant managers must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Plant managers must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
- Time Management: Plant managers face production deadlines, shipping dates and more and must manage their time accordingly.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), etc.
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.