A global services company is looking for a plant manager in their Tracy, California location. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Tracy, California
Position Salary: $ 100, 000.00 – $ 125, 000.00
- Administers operations & activities of all manufacturing operations & production scheduling to produce the highest quality of parts consistent with engineering specifications on a predetermined schedule & at a minimum cost. Maintains overall financial responsibilities/expectations for the plant.
- Meet with members of top management to discuss overall planning for facilities, equipment & manpower procedures to operate the plant.
- Recommends to members of top management appropriate organization policies & to administer the operation. Sets up & administers approved organization policies & procedures.
- Approves & maintains institution of appropriate safety & quality programs. Suggest to top management possible modifications to products.
- Directs, through production planners, the establishing of schedules, making of revisions & meeting production goals & shipping schedules. Proves overall administration, through shop foreman, to shop operations.
- Supervises maintenance services to keep in good condition, all machinery, equipment, building facilities & equipment. Monitors all activities of the division, providing to key heads of departments advice & guidance on planning resolution of major problems & cooperation with employee relations to assure meeting company goals.
- Maintains coordination with key members of sales, engineering, purchasing, quality control, accounting & human resources to plan & coordinate work & to resolve operating & personnel problems that arise.
- Coordinates with all sales personnel to satisfy needs of customers while maintaining an even work load in shop & still meet shipping schedules.
- Establishes effective means of control to achieve objectives of the division. Administers discipline of employees through concerned supervisors. Approve purchases up to a specified amount. Submits detailed requisitions for personnel. Recommends changes in pay for personnel. Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Assists through manufacturing services, the evaluation, selection, recommendation & justification of capital expenditures for equipment, buildings, etc.
- Maintain & monitor budgets for the McAlester Plant Manufacturing facility.
- Direct supervision on persons & indirect supervision of approximately 180 persons.
- Bachelor of Science in Management or equivalent, Manufacturing or equivalent
- 3+ years of similar work experience
- Fabrication experience and previous experience running a facility are a plus
- Must have come from a manufacturing environment background
- Must have knowledge of all safety requirements
- Ability to organize, manage & control a variety of technical & manufacturing operations, Production Planning & Scheduling.
- Ability to direct employee development, training programs, employee relations and to keep aware of employee attitudes, problems, & platform planning.
- Knowledge of principles in mechanical engineering, welding, production of patterns & castings.
- Knowledge of business administration & managerial techniques.
- Knowledge of JDE systems and Microsoft Office
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.