Seeking a Project Manager
Rate: $65.00.hr - $80.00.hr
Location: Galleria area, Houston
Length: 6-month contract, that can be extended
- Under minimal supervision, develop and deliver a project management plan encompassing all the details of a project to the team members; Set realistic and practical goals for the project and develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
- Identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required to complete the project successfully
- Evaluate the progress of project on regular basis and identify risks to schedule, cost or quality of deliverables
- Senior Project Managers are responsible to achieve the specific objectives for enterprise projects as assigned and in conjunction with the Project Management Office.
- Managers effectively oversee and facilitate all phases of the project, through understanding and application of knowledge, tools and techniques.
- Manages all project activities throughout the entire project lifecycle, in accordance to the standard
- PMO Project Delivery Methodology
- Create, own, and drive project plans & key milestones to completion; monitoring project plans and/or resources appropriately to meet project objectives
- Responsible for project cost estimations, tracking and forecasting
- Establishing and monitoring financial performance of projects, in keeping with accounting and project delivery practices
- Identifies & manages risks, accurately analyzes root cause from the symptoms. Focuses on solutions and or mitigation of these emerging issues/risks using team expertise, technologies and innovative concepts
- Develops sound project schedule, issue/risk management log and other relevant project documentation to ensure the project is successful
- Travel Percentage may vary: 10-20%
- 15+ years of business experience
- 10+ years project management experience, including strategic IT project management and/or program management experience preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree from accredited university in business, technical or equivalent field. Additional years’ experience can be used to substitute for degree
- Experience working with and managing technical resources, business resources, and consultants in a project setting, including a global distribution of staff
- Able to produce written documents and presentations with clearly organized thoughts using proper English construction, punctuation, and grammar
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers in-person and/or virtual settings
- Understands project management principals, processes and tools at a level which allows effective management of simple to complex projects as assigned
- Areas include - integration, time, cost, quality, HR, communication, risk and procurement
- Capable of developing solid project estimates, projects schedules and the concurrent plans needed for delivery of the project (testing, documentation, change management, and training)
- Possess a working knowledge of infrastructure components to allow for interaction with infrastructure support functions
- Expert knowledge of Project Management principles, methodology and tools
- Mentoring, leadership and team building
- PMP required
- Scrum master methodology, capable to manage multiple projects, facilitate planning and scrum meetings, able to use TFS to generate reports, organize projects, etc., take care of everything related to project accounting, project creation in relevant systems, time entry, own and run a gated process for technology development projects, etc.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.