Project Process Engineer
Houston (Southwest), TX
Project Process Engineer
A Turn-Key Process Solutions equipment supplier company is looking for a qualified Project Process Engineer to work with different clients in liquid processing environments. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston (Southwest)
Position Pay: 70, 000 – 85, 000 + Relocation Assistance (If Applicable) + Bonus Eligibility
- Take responsibility for a project or an area of a liquid processing project in Food, Dairy, Beverage, Cosmetics, Pharmaceutical or Brewery markets
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and installations in accordance with customer specifications
- Implement good manufacturing practices, quality, safety and sanitation standards as well as applicable regulations
- Lead multi-cultural teams
- Use Project Management methodologies to lead projects involving cross-functional teams
- 4-year technical degree in Food Processing Engineering, in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+years of experience as a Project Engineer executing Capital Projects in Dairy, Beverage, Food, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics or Brewing industries
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must, Bilingual ability in Spanish or French is a plus
- Proven hands-on experience in sizing food processing equipment and designing food processing installations
- A strong process background in liquids & viscous fluids processing in necessary for the role.
- Working Knowledge of heat & mass balances, calculation / verification of sizing of pumps and piping
- Must have strong customer service background experience.
- Knowledge of food industry unit operations including pasteurizing, UHT Sterilization, blending, filtration, mechanical separation, cleaning and sanitation is a plus
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics & psychrometrics & knowledge of Rheology of Food & Biological Materials is a plus
- Ability to perform design calculations is a plus
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Long Term Disability,
- 401K matching program
- Bonus Eligibility
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.