An international supplier and systems company is looking for a QC Manager for their Tracy California location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Tracy, California
Position Pay: $ 85, 000.00 - $ 120, 000.00
- Oversees all testing and inspection staff and their activities for all assigned applications.
- Ensures all testing standards (ASTM, AWWA, AWS, ASME, etc.) are being met
- Provides weekly status report that includes testing metrics
- Ensure all testing and inspection are in compliance with the project specification
- Provide appropriate test data to inspecting agency personnel.
- Maintain and interpret test data, monitoring trends.
- Train subordinates for higher levels of responsibility. Implement the testing and inspection requirements per the project specification to ensure that the quality requirements are achieved during the manufacturing stags of the pipe or fitting and final product.
- An Individual with strong team orientation and the ability to build collaborative relationships with all personnel.
- Provide plant management with feedback on the results of non-destructive testing of welds including visual for information purpose.
- Also, provide feedback on destructive testing of welds, compressive strength of cement-mortar or concrete, absorption of cement-mortar coating, and material testing.
- Provide monthly progress reports to Director of Quality on meeting quality goals
and objective including metrics. Review and update Quality testing or inspection procedures and /or working instruction as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, College, or High School Diploma with work experience
- Technical school training in NDE or inspection will be considered as well
- 5+ years managerial experience is necessary for the role, preferably in a QC Management role.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing of welded steel pipe is also necessary for the role.
- Certified Welding Inspector is a plus
- ASNT LEVEL II in VT, PT, MT, RT and/or UT
- NACE Level II or III
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.