Goose Creek, South Carolina
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Goose Creek, South Carolina
Position Pay: 70K – 85K
- Manage, lead and coordinate activities of the QC/ QA department in regards to product design, production, improvements, quality control, testing and test components, systems, and services for high voltage cables 69kV to 500kV.
- Provide technical input and expertise concerning plant operations and quality assurance to ensure the plant operates in the most efficient and cost effective manner as well as to comply with product and production process quality regulations and standards. Develop, maintain, and improve all testing activities within the electrical/mechanical test labs and the high voltage test facilities.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the Quality Management Systems (QMS). Ensure that products manufactured or assembled comply with the testing requirement of the cables and accessories regulatory bodies IEC 62 067, AEIC CS9, IEEE 45, IEEE 606 and ICEA S-108-720
- Reports to Plant Manager directly; and indirectly to Land High Voltage Quality Director and Manages Electrical/Mechanical Test Engineer(s), quality auditors and lab/test technicians.
- Review QMS and perform gap analysis between established standards and current standards and identify resources for meeting QMS quality objectives and KPI’ s as required. Implement and maintain systems that will recognize defects and identify appropriate corrective actions to improve quality efficiency in industrialization and manufacturing based on company standards and continuous improvement plan
- Ensures that products manufactured are qualified to IEC 62067, AEIC CS9, and the relevant IEEE and ICEA and other wire and cable related standards. Partner and communicate with Customers, Engineering, IT, Sales, Maintenance, and others in order to recognize key problem areas and define objectives that need to be executed accordingly
- ISO Management Representative (ISO 9000 and 14000), conduct quality management audits and review meetings, and interface with registrar and customer auditors during all phases of external QMS audits from planning to closure of associated corrective actions. Develop, maintain and communicate internal and external QMS corrective actions. Ensure all QA system policies and procedures are maintained and updated accordingly and that ISO standards and guidelines are compliant.
- Develop and maintain customer complaint reporting system. Approve and verify effectiveness of all corrective actions related to customer complaints, and notify customers of such actions. Interface with customers when quality issues arise and prepares Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Develop and maintain approval systems for all suppliers / materials - including those providing raw materials, finished cables, and subcontracted QMS processes – from initial evaluation of prospective suppliers to on-going monitoring of qualified suppliers
- Manage various QMS documents and records, including SOP Chapters pertaining to document control, equipment calibration, quality assurance / quality control, and testing procedures. Develop and maintain the Quality Manual, as well as Quality Specifications for supplier’ s QMS requirements
- Work with manufacturing and controller to develop annual expense and capital budgets, as well as input to the strategic planning cycle. Interface with customers concerning their technical needs, product development and plant capabilities. Respond to customer complaints, resolve their problems, issue corrective actions
- Manage and Schedule all final test activities, cable preparation, and provide analysis of product failures through various diagnostic tools. Mechanical Testing – Non-Electrical; Chemical Testing – Non-Electrical; High Voltage Testing; Faraday Cage; Impulse Pad / Generator
- Develop and maintain measurement equipment calibration program. Assist Production floor on online/run-time quality checks and procedures. Provide and Manage preparations for cable shipment to customer (i.e. Pulling Eye Designs and procurement, end caps, etc.) and assist in Lagging Operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologist, Electrical preferred.
- A minimum 3-5 years Engineering/QA management experience in manufacturing (preferably in a wire and cable)
- Basic proficiency in industry codes and standards (UL, CSA, IEC, AEIC etc.) and ISO 9000/9001 quality management standards are essential. Familiar with analysis methods (5M, 8D, FEMA, SPC)
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to attain or pursue professional accreditation from ASQ or other professional organization
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Independent problem solving abilities, highly self-motivated and directed; takes initiative.
- Full Benefits