Regional Sales Manager
A company that is a leader in the Valve industry has an immediate need for a Regional Sales Manager
Salary: 80, 000 - 95, 000 Base + Bonus
Location: Covering the NE Region (Remote position)
All states east of Missouri and north of TN and NC all the way to Maine.
Regional Sales Manager (NE - United States Territory)
- Set-up customer appointments to conduct sales presentations to promote, sell, and apply our complete product line in a regional sales area.
- Manage assigned accounts as well as developing new accounts, projects or other sales opportunities necessary to meet the revenue goals of an assigned geo-region and associated territories.
- Create/maintain customer’ s relationships for new or repetitive business.
- Supervise, manage, and provide performance feedback to Sales Representatives and Manufacture Representatives/Distributors for the area of responsibility.
- Report to customer job site to assist/provide the proper installation, repair, or startup of products.
- Communicate with the Sales Team and the Production Team regularly to guarantee that sales and client objectives are met.
- Develop annual marketing strategy in conjunction with the Sales Manager and the inside sales team and identify joint marketing opportunities where applicable.
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies. Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the company’ s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and targets, and provide ideas and suggestions to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategic sales plan that identifies prospects and customers, prioritizes them according to importance and ability to provide results.
- Provide product training at the field and corporate levels for all customer types
- Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase regional sales volume.
- Submit sales activity report as required.
- Attend various product conventions and sales seminars.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% in the specified sales territory.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 5 years of outside sales experience (technical sales)
- 3 years of experience leading a sales team.
- Willing to travel 4 days a week.
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Results Oriented – Good follow up skills to ensure strategy implementation.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Experience with Valves.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Provide leadership through example and adequate direction.
- Ability to produce complex sales reports.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Ability to build relationship with company and customer contacts.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.