Regional Sales Manager
San Antonio, TX
A Houston based company that manufactures and distributes valves to the Oil & Gas and Industrial markets is seeking a Regional Sales Manager
Salary: $70, 000 – $80, 000 + 3% commission
Location: San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi - Remote (But candidate needs to be in one of these areas)
- This individual contributor role requires a hunter mentality that will impact the company’ s growth, thereby resulting in the ability gain financially.
- The position reports to the VP, Sales and Marketing.
- Develop region to increase market penetration of products and meet annual sales goals.
- Establish and develop customer relationships to grow the sales pipeline and convert opportunities to orders.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate the value of products.
- Work with customers to collect the technical inputs necessary for quotations, performance simulations, application engineering, and manufacturing.
- Prepare commercial documents including quotations, terms and conditions, and sales contracts
- Oversee product installation, assist Engineering with field issues, and train customers on the products.
- Gather market intelligence and monitor trends, and communicate information.
- Bookings and Sales Forecasting for assigned territory.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant sales or commercial experience, preferably working with gas compression in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Seeking a Hunter.
- Must have experience selling to the production side of Oil & Gas.
- Ability to sell at the corporate, regional, and field levels.
- MUST HAVE Reciprocating compressor sales experience.
- Proven track record for developing and managing sales opportunities.
- Progressive responsibility with sales and planning activities.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Established end-user contacts operating gas compression in the upstream, midstream, and pipeline segments.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, be well organized and accurate, and have the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word, and have strong computer skills. Experience with Global Shop is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, leadership, and customers
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to occasionally lift loads up to 35 lbs.
Bachelor’ s degree in engineering or business is desired.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.