Senior Ore Control Geologist
Murray Resources is seeking a Senior Ore Control Geologist that will support the U.S. mining operations. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Salary: $80K - $90K
Location: Elko, Nevada
- Generate monthly mine production and ore reconciliation reports
- Generate and communicate the stockpile management plan
- Refine assay sample collection and ore routing criteria
- Work with corporate engineering groups and consultants
- Regularly evaluate project value and sensitivity
- Perform field work and assessments
- Proactively communicate and intervene as issues arise on a daily basis
- Supervise Ore Control engineers and geologists, and perform other duties as assigned
- +5 years demonstrated successful open pit ore control, mine geology, stockpile management and reconciliation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interface cross-departmentally within an active mining environment.
- Demonstrated 3D correlation, wire-framing and solid modelling experience using a geological modelling software package.
- Demonstrated experience in generating 2D plans and sections using mine planning software package.
- Demonstrated experience in applying geostatistics in ore control.
- Demonstrated ability in generating ore control strategy and implementing geometallurgy and ore reconciliation practices.
- Demonstrated ability in engaging and managing drilling, assay laboratory, down-hole survey, and other contractors.
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, managing and leading consultants providing technical support to ore control programs.
- Demonstrated ability in budgeting and managing sectional finances.
- Demonstrated ability in submitting timely and effective routine reports.
- Demonstrated talent management capability.
- Experience in mining and ore controlling Carlin style and related structurally controlled gold deposits.