A large international manufacturing company is looking for a Service Engineer for a full time direct hire position in their NW Houston Distribution center to help Field Service Managers, Technical Hotline, and all requiring parties with technical & engineering support. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: NW Houston, TX
Position Pay: $65, 000 - $70, 000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- As the company’ s main technical expert in the assigned areas, this position provides technical and engineering support to the Field Service Managers, Technical Hotline, dealers, and all internal parties requiring it.
- Manages and conducts own independent research and analysis of data, field failures, test components, systems and entire units; communicates with suppliers, and other inside and outside resources to achieve the quickest possible problem resolution.
- Communicates and issues technical bulletins to technical staff
- Research and analyze the technical, operational and other product problems reported by dealers, Service Managers, Technical Hotline or discovered through internal test activities
- With focus and priority to develop field service solutions quickly, verify reported issues, find the root cause, and validate field service solutions independently
- Communicate with suppliers, Parts department, Warranty and other involved parties to implement field service and production changes/solutions quickly and effectively
- Technical Bulletin Publication; Expeditiously authors and publishes technical repair solutions to Technical Hotline, Service Managers, through bulletins or bulletin boards or appropriate electronic means
- Assists with the development of training in troubleshooting, diagnostic and unusual or complicated repair procedures.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in technical engineering or similar required.
- Previous demonstrated experience with the hands-on repair of vehicles, industrial / agricultural vehicle, or related equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Good presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to develop written reports and to provide instructions and guidance to corporate and dealer service support personnel.
- Skilled in the resolution of technical problems, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, electronic, and hydraulic issues
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals, parts manuals, etc.
- Ability to remain tactful in challenging and argumentative situations.
- Advanced or Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to manage and complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time independently
- Valid Driver’ s license with a clean driving record
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K & PTO