Site Safety Manager
Site Safety Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Clinton, Iowa
Position Salary: $58, 000 – $62, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- The Field HSE Manager develops plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors safety programs to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations, company and client policies and procedures.
- The Site Safety Manager will also ensure adequate staffing and training of the required HSE resources.
- Serve as a technical resource to provide direction on HSE policies/procedures, and for interpreting regulations and compliance requirements. Assist in providing strategic direction and management, people development, and HSE program development and implementation. Support performance that is inclusive in the company vision and strategic plans. Directly supervise HSE Coordinators and Technicians.
- Reports to: Functionally to the Site Manager and administratively to the Field Services Americas corporate HSE Manager.
- Ensures the workforce is committed to the culture of caring philosophy thereby creating a safe working environment.
- Directs, develops, communicates, and implements the projects strategic goals in alignment with the project leadership team and client, develops HSE leading indicators and performance metrics.
- To coordinate performance and assurance programs across the project focused on continual improvement of our HSE performance.
- To foster partnerships with clients, and key stakeholders, whether project focused or not, to establish Jacobs as an industry leaders in the HSE field.
- Build, grow and maintain a strong HSE team to support project
- Subject matter expert for the project in terms of compliance with federal, state, provincial and client requirements relative to HSE.
- Work with Key Stakeholders to develop and implement a robust injury case management program.
- A relevant Health and Safety tertiary undergraduate or post-graduate is required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in industrial construction and/or maintenance field required
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably at the HSE Manager level or higher required
- Must have experience managing HSE in support of a direct hire workforce.
- Demonstrated safety leadership experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated experience in building relationships.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Full Benefits